WEAREJUNK

Spreading the Junk Gospel

Tuesday 8 June 2010

Topshop makes me feel like death

A while ago I bought this tee from Topshop. Buying high street tees is not a practice that I often partake of unsurprisingly, but I really liked the design. It looks a bit Stars 'n' Stripes-eque and has skulls all over in a Mexican day of the dead style which is massive wins all round in my book. I got to wear it once to a gig which means sweat and washing straight away. And this simple process of buying-wearing-washing apparently means instant tee death now. It lost all its shape and kinda felt like it shrunk, but I reckon this is the cut getting lost somewhere in a world of soap-suds and fabric conditioner. I've worn it a couple of times since when doing some painting so there's gloss up the back, and it has now been relegated to girlfriend bedtime wear.

I never took it back, cuz you know it was like £14 or something and what's the point? Would they have even taken it back? Probably, but I reckon they're banking on people not really being bothered. It's a decent design which is the worst thing. I'd have paid twice as much happily, and then I'd still have it now.

We don't like it when other people do things by halves, and this is why we don't do it ourselves. I'm kinda loathe to write a blog saying how great we are, but then you must be reading this for a reason. So yeah, our stuff is great, and more expensive than Topshop, and you'll be able to wear it more than once.

From blog photos

No comments:

Post a Comment